Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dreaming of Pastries

I think I'm coming out of a two or three week period where virtually every night I have had a dream involving the consumption of an oversized pastry. It started with a gigantic twinkie. I can't really remember what else I was doing in the dream, but I woke up and spent most of the next day craving a twinkie something fierce.

As this went on I experienced dream danishes, coconutty snowballs, donuts, all manner of highly un-low carb deliciousness. "What is this?" I began to rationalize, "Is my subconscious mind asking for me to break my long-term low carb lifestyle in order that we might together share in the spoils of the world's carbiness?"

I don't think it really was, but that didn't make it any harder to resist the parade of pastry-eating I was suddenly witnessing in front of me every day. Somehow everyone, everywhere I went, was eating a damn donut. It was sheer madness. Still, on my worst and most carby day, I think I only got up to about 75grams of carbohydrate. So, I don't think I took any major damage.

Now it seems I'm back to dreaming of electric sheep and of getting my toes sucked on by Madonna (true story.)

No comments: